Good Deeds Day
Our next event is April 14, 2024!
Good Deeds Day is a global movement of people who are dedicated to doing good.
Since 2007, millions of people and thousands of organizations from over 108 countries unite annually to volunteer and #DoGood.Watch The 2023 Recap Video
How to Get Involved
Find a volunteer activity in your city hosted by your favorite local brand and sign up below!
Join your volunteer activity hosted by your favorite local brand on April 16th, do good and have fun!
Your Good Deeds Day host will throw a thank you party for all Do Gooders to celebrate they’re Good day!
Last Year's Volunteer Events
Anywhere, USAHosted byBenefitingYour Community
Do you want to do your own good? Go for it! Pledge your good deed at the link below and share your goodness with us on April 16th by tagging @GoodPop and @GoodDeedsDay
We can’t wait to see what you do!Pledge Here
Atlanta, GAHosted byBenefitingRace to Cure Sarcoma
Mighty Millie Foundation will be handing out GoodPop organic freezer pops at the Race to Cure Sarcoma. They will share Millie’s story and small moments of big joy with participants of the race as well as donating pops to the local Ronald McDonald Houses in Atlanta.Learn More
Austin, TXHosted byBenefitingKeep Austin Beautiful
GoodPop will host a city cleanup event benefitting Keep Austin Beautiful. All volunteer opportunities require moderate physical activity but are open to all ages! There are two locations available for volunteering:
Sign up at either link above for your specific location. For those who can’t join us in person, get in on the beautification action by picking up any loose trash in your neighborhood, tagging @GoodPop and @GoodDeedsDay
Learn more about GoodPop’s mission to do good year round below.Learn more
Boca Raton, FLHosted byBenefitingBeaches of Boca Raton
Boca Raton, FL
4ocean crew, friends, and family will join together to host a local shoreline cleanup in the heartbeat of Boca Raton, Florida where 4ocean is headquartered. With the ocean on one side, and a sensitive mangrove shoreline on the other, Spanish River Park is an area frequented by a variety of aquatic life, and home to numerous protected species!
This event is at capacity. Learn more about 4ocean below.Learn More
Boston, MAHosted byBenefitingThe Food Project & NY Common Pantry
Boston, MAThe Unreal team is participating in two projects on Good Deeds Day:
- The Food Project’s mission is to create a thoughtful and productive community of youth and adults from diverse backgrounds who work together to build a sustainable food system. UNREAL will help with preparing beds, planting, weeding, harvesting, washing vegetables, and cleaning up the land.
- NY Common Pantry‘s mission is to reduce hunger and promote dignity, health and self-sufficiency among NY residents. UNREAL will help package and distribute free packages of groceries to low income families. Tasks will include packing produce, assembling and distributing packages.
To learn more about the the story behind UNREAL, click the link below.Learn More
Boulder, COHosted byBenefitingCultivate & Thorne Nature Experience
Quinn Foods will lead clean up projects with Cultivate and Thorne Nature Experience.
- Click HERE to sign up to volunteer at Thorne Nature Experience. With Thorne Nature Experience volunteers and Quinn team members will help with general outdoor clean up and preparations for Earth Day celebrations at their Sombrero Marsh Environmental Education Center.
- Click HERE to sign up to volunteer with Cultivate. The cleanup with Cultivate YardBuster program connects volunteers with seniors facing the challenge of maintaining their yards. Participants will visit homes to perform basic yard cleanup and provide friendly interactions while promoting safety and peace of mind.
Learn more about Quinn Foods and the good they do year round below.Learn More
Chicago, ILHosted byBenefitingStrength in the City
Mush is partnering with Strength in the City and SOS Illinois to help clean the streets of Chicago. Strength in the City and the MUSH Team will come together to clean up the streets of the community we live in, and celebrate our efforts after with complementary Mush!
This event is at capacity. Learn more about Mush below.Learn More
Cleveland, OhioHosted byBenefitingGreater Cleveland Foodbank
Cleveland, OhioCleveland Kitchen employees will partner with the Greater Cleveland Food Bank to sort and repack incoming food donations.The Greater Cleveland Food Bank is the largest hunger relief organization in Northeast Ohio having served nearly 350,000 people in Cuyahoga, Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, Ashland and Richland counties in FY2022. The Food Bank provided almost 50 million pounds of food in 2022! The Greater Cleveland Food Bank works to ensure everyone in our communities has the nutritious food they need every day.This event is at capacity but find more opportunities to volunteer with GFV at the link below.Learn More
Houston, TXHosted byBenefitingKeep Pearland Beautiful and More!
HEB will host a variety of volunteer events for H-E-B employees based out of the greater Houston area. These activities include:
- Clean up work with Keep Pearland Beautiful, the Village Center in Kingwood and Exploration Green Conservancy in Clear Lake
- Packing hygiene kits for Oak Forest Foster and Canopy
- Packing lunches for Montgomery County and Cy Fair ISD
These events are for HEB employees only. Learn more about the good HEB does year round below.Learn More
New York City, NYHosted byBenefitingEarth Day Initiative and Hells Kitchen Farm Project
New York City, NY
Chobani and Earth Day Initiative are partnering with Hell’s Kitchen Farm Project, an Urban Rooftop Farm in Hell’s Kitchen, Manhattan, on a mission to create a more food secure urban community.
- The produce grown on their Rooftop Farm supplies the food pantry a few stories below with fresh produce to increase nutrition security in Hell’s Kitchen.
- Chobani will clean, soil, and prepare beds to be planted this growing season.
This is an employees only event. Learn more about the good Chobani does year round below.Learn More
Orange County, CAHosted byBenefitingThe Giving Farm
Orange County, CA
La Cienega Vineyard is volunteering at the Giving Farm, a farm-to-food bank program that works to promote student and community engagement in the California agricultural industry.
- Volunteers will spend the day picking fruits and vegetables and helping with other farming tasks.
- All produce goes to the food bank with Community Action Partnership.
Registration below.Learn More
Philadelphia, PAHosted byBenefitingPhilabundance
La Colombe employees will take action against hunger by volunteering with local nonprofit Philabundance. They will also host a food drive which is open to the community to donate (more details soon).
Learn more about Philabundance below.Learn More
2023 Nonprofit Partners
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Good Deeds Day?
Good Deeds Day is a global movement that unites people from more than 100 countries to do good deeds each year in April. In 2023, Good Deeds Day is partnering with GoodPop to bring together like-minded, local hero companies from across the country. These City Sponsors will lead their city in a volunteer activity and create momentum of doing good in their local communities. Visit the global Good Deeds Day organization page for more information.
How can I become a City Sponsor?
City Sponsors are hero companies, handpicked for their genuine commitment to exemplifying stewardship and positive impact in their local communities or hometown. If you think your company fits the bill, we would love to hear from you! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the deadline to register as a volunteer?
Please register no later than April 9th, 2023. This will ensure you have all the necessary information from your City Sponsor to volunteer on April 16th. We anticipate spots will fill up fast so there will also be options for at-home volunteering.
I can't volunteer in person, is there a way I can celebrate Good Deeds Day at home?
Absolutely! You can still register with the City Sponsor of your choice as each activity will have an option for an at-home volunteering option. For example, you can make DIY dog toys to drop off at your local shelter from the comfort of your own home!